Friday, October 19, 2018

So Close....


So last night I got the heddles back on the shafts.  One step closer to the loom being ready to be warped! 

I thought I had more heddles than I do.  I am a bit disappointed about that.  When I counted, I really thought I just under 100 on each shaft.  But it was 78 on 2 shafts & 79 on the other two.  So a total of 314.  I would have order some with the loom parts had I realized that.  Given they are only $12 per 100, I definitely would have gotten another 100.  But I can also do that at a later date.

I still need to see if the flat Schacht ones will fit on the Medico.  I love them.  But there is still some warp on the Schacht.  And I told my daughter that she can play with it.  So I need to leave them on it.  Mind you, I have some extras.  Which of course I can't locate!  *laugh*  Still have boxes that aren't unpacked over a year after moving...  *sigh*

The brake parts, lease sticks & raddle arrived yesterday!  HOORAY!  So I have everything.  Maybe...

I am still unclear how to lash the warp to the cloth rod...  I will have to see I guess.  I may need some sort of rod or something.  I got wood dowel for the table loom.  I was thinking I should get some of that & cut it down.  But the Craftsy class recommends a metal rod or a square wood piece.  So I am debating what I want to do.

I tested out the staple gun I have.  It will work to get the canvas apron onto the cloth roller.   So that is good as well.  Happier with that than using the tacks for a few reasons. I think the tacks stick up more.  Also, I worry that they are wider at the base so the cloth might rip under tension as it is putting a bigger hole in the canvas.

My hubby is also trying to figure out how to get the old brake off as it is a square screw head for it.  He thinks he probably has one.  But finding it is another story...

So it's getting there. 

This weekend has a lot going on.  Including hopefully going to NY S&W this Sunda!  But I took off Monday to recoup.  So with any luck, I could get a warp on it Monday.  But I am not betting on that!  Hopefully, the weekend after next.  *fingers crossed*



No comments: