Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single Started & Completed!


Yesterday was a whole lot more productive than I thought it would be!  I completed the second singles of the Into the Whirled Polwarth Falkland wool carded batt in Cattywumpus colorway.  It went surprisingly quickly.  Think it looks good.  Hoping it plies well with the first singles.  *fingers crossed*

I decide to watch a Babylon 5 episode with lunch.  I went with "Grey 17 Is Missing."  I have been going through the Marcus episodes in chronological order.  Next was actually the two parter War Without End. I didn't have time for two episodes. And I feel like I was getting stalled on those episodes.  I recall they were the Shadow Wars and not my favs.  So I decided to move ahead.

It was a good episode.  It was fun to see Robert Englund not playing Freddie.  *smile*  And Garibaldi had some wonderful bits in the episode.  After Marcus & Ivanovna, he is next in my top B5 characters.

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Watching Grey 17 Is Missing with




Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single Started 1

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single Started 2

Marcus has to fight to delay a Minbari from the warrior cast who disagrees with Delenn becoming the head of the Rangers since she is the religious cast.  And as always, Marcus wins out though takes a severe beating to make that happen.  A very good episode.

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Watching Grey 17 Is Missing

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single Started 3

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single Started Fiber Awaiting

I spun some more in the evening while my hubby & I watched Wynonna Earp.  I am so thrilled that I got the second singles spun in a day.  Hooray for that.

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single Completed

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single In Progress - Remaining Fiber

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 10 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway 2nd Single in Progress

Since it is only 4 oz., I will stick with the smaller bobbins.  After attempting to ply on the bulky flyer, I am thinking more and more that I don't care for it much. 

All in all, I am thrilled.

Tour de Fleece Day 10

Today is a challenge day.  But the real challenge will be spinning at all.  I commute 2 hours each way to the city.  And working 8 hours.  So it is a lot of time away from home.  So honestly, my goal is to spin 15 minutes.  That will be a challenge.  Especially because that means starting on some plying or starting on new fiber.  And I have no idea what is going on the wheel next!


I may do a separate post with the pics of the ItW Polwarth/Silk that I plied.   I skeined it yesterday & gave it a bath.  But I may wait until I have finished pics & all the details (like total yardage, WPI, etc.)

No comments: