Friday, July 6, 2018

Has It Really Been a Year?!

 
Wow.  I am stunned.  It has been a year since I posted here. 

I moved from Jersey City to a town called Ringwood, NJ at the end of July last year.  So it has been busy.

I love the lake community where I live now. There is a local group on Mondays.  It is called the Hookers since there are lots of crocheters.  But there are also some knitters.  It is an awesome group. 

I have been knitting.  I feel like I haven't been as active.  But I looked at Ravelry.  I have completed nine projects.  Though two are preemie hats & another is a hat for my DS.  But there are also two 2-skein shawls, a pair of socks & a baby blanket,  So I am not a complete slouch!  *grin*

I am planning on participating in the Tour de Fleece again this year. I was sad not to do it last summer.  But with the move, it wasn't sane.  Hoping to have a good showing this year.  I need to go through fiber & figure out what I am going to spin. 

I have signed up for a few groups - Schacht & Into the Whirled again.  I also joined the Babylon 5 group as it has been too long since I have watched B5. Think spinning while watching it will be good.  I also joined the Akerworks group as I got a lovely Akerworks bobbin.  I so want more!  The one I have is terrific.

And gotta love a team that posts this!
https://youtu.be/04Qb2mvThhk

I may join some more.  I am still debating.  But given it starts tomorrow, I had better decide today! 

A bit later in the day...

Fiber has been chosen!

Tour de Fleece Fibers 2018

The Into the Whirled Fiber:
Tour de Fleece Fibers 2018 - Into the Whirled Fibers

Silk:
Tour de Fleece Fibers 2018 - Silk

I am going to try to get the ItW 221B fiber spun.  It is 8 oz total. And as I was looking at my old posts, I realize I had this on the agenda for the TdF 2016!  But I didn't get to it since I did a 4 oz braid of ItW and also started a DOUBLE LOOP BUMP project!  And was at SSK!  I was crazy!  *laugh*

I was looking for my ItW batt I got at MD S&W in 2016.  But I CAN'T FIND IT!!  *sniffle*  I am wondering if it ended up in a box as I had fiber overflow when we moved.  So I think some of my fiber got put into boxes... 

And yes...I am embarrassed to admit that I have boxes that aren't unpacked.  We moved a year ago on the 26th of July.  The movers brought everything on the 27th!  So in 21 days it will be a full year.  And we have boxes...*sigh*  Mind you, part of the problem is that we need

I also have a bunch of silk.  One is a kit with different kinds.  There are also some silk hankies.  And to add to the silk, a braid of silk by Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks that I bought at Rhinebeck in 2008!!

I have been meaning to spin some of my pure silk for a while!  So I really should give it a try. 

This was the long way of saying the blog posts should pick up!  *laugh*  Looking forward to participating in the TdF this year.  If only I can finish plying the fiber on my lovely Ladybug!!

No comments: