Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tour de Fleece Days 3 & 4 - July 4th & 5th - Loop Bullseye Bump in Beautiful Nightmare

I finished my Into the Whirled singles on Day 2.  I want to let them rest before Navajo plying them.  So I decided to start on the lovely Loop Bullseye Bump in Beautiful Nightmare.

My hope is to create singles from this & The Devil Made Me Do It.  Then I will ply them together.  Though with my lovely Ladybug Lady Rue, I have a habit of spinning pretty thin with the Bumps.  So I suspect if last year is any indication, I may get mega yardage out of these babies!  *grin*

Day 3

I spent a fair bit of time spinning on the 4th of July.  Though I did spend time with the family & working on some SSK stitch markers for exchanging.  *smile* 

Tour de Fleece 2016 Day
3 - July 4  - Loop Bullseye Bump in
Beautiful Nightmare Collage

I really thought I got about a third to half of the Bump spun, but after doing some spinning last night, I think it was closer to a quarter to third.  Of course, I *could* have just weighted it to know for certain. *laugh*

And here is why you don't leave the wheel alone in a room with curious 5 & 6 year olds...

Tour de Fleece 2016 Day
3 - July 4  - Loop Bullseye Bump in
Beautiful Nightmare AKA DON'T LEAVE THE WHEEL ALONE WITH TWO
LITTLES!

Doh.

I was able to fix it.  But I did lose some fiber that was wrapped around the area with oil.  But honestly, not nearly as much as I feared!  So that's good.

I love that the Littles are curious about it & want to try.  But less thrilled when they do that...  Ah well.  The joys of parenthood.  If that is the worst trouble they get into, I am a lucky mom.  *grin*

Day 4 

Tour de Fleece 2016 Day
4 - July 5  - Loop Bullseye Bump in
Beautiful Nightmare

I didn't do a ton last night.  But I did some...

I am struggling a lot with trying to take pics.  None of the colors are really right.  I try to work on them.  But either they are too dark & muddy or washed out and mis-colored with the flash.  Ah well.

I suspect I won't get a lot done until I am settled in for vacation.  I don't think I am going to get any spinning done on Saturday with travel.  But we shall see!


No comments: