Monday, July 4, 2016

Day 2 Tour de Fleece - Into The Whirled 50-50 Tibetan Yak Merino - Finishing Singles


Happy to report I finished spinning the singles of the Into The Whirled 50/50 Tibetan Yak Merino. 

Great to spin.

Day 2 Tour de Fleece -
Into The Whirled 50-50 Tibetan Yak Merino - Finishing
Singles

I will let it rest before I try to Navajo ply it.  *smile*  But I hope it will be lovely.

As always, not as consistent as I could hope for.  But that is about me.  If I was patient and kept checking the WPI, I might have gotten it more consistent.  But I just enjoyed the spinning and let it do its thing.  I may regret that a bit as the finished yarn with have thick & thin spots.  But I may not.  Just have to see!


Today is Day 3.  I had to take care of some non-TdF spinning.  I had some lovely Hobbledehoy BATTlings on my bobbins that I needed to clear off.  I had finished spinning them the night before the TdF started.  So I wanted to give them a rest before plying. 

Hobbledehoy BATTlings in
Murder Mystery Colorway - Plied

They are beautiful. 

And I came SOOOO close on matching up the amount on the bobbins!  It so rarely happens.

Hobbledehoy BATTlings in
Murder Mystery Colorway - Look How Close!

Fun!

No comments: