Monday, July 18, 2016

Too Much



So I decided to participate in the Tour de Fleece this year.  I was trucking along at a pretty good pace.  But then FAIL!

I completed a 4 oz braid of Into the Whirled fiber.  Done.  Good.  Though a bit overplied. 

Worked on the Loop Double Bump Madness again this year. 

THOUGH WHY DID I THINK I COULD DO IT WITH SSK CHOPPING FIVE DAYS OFF TdF??!

*sigh*

I actually have completed the singles for the two Bumps.  Some madness in my head said I could get them plied in time for SSK.  *blink*  Clearly, the heat fried my brain.  *sigh*

I started plying Saturday night. Did about an hour and a half.  Did 4-5 hours worth of plying Sunday.  And it looks like I have completed about a 1/4th of the plying.  *sigh*

I have a ton to get done before SSK.  I have to finish making stitch markers.  I have to wind yarn.  I just learned late Sunday that I have homework for a class I am taking on Thursday.  Yes.  I can get it done on the plane.  But I don't want to wait until the last minute as I need to get decent gauge.  So I either need to bring multiple sets of needles or just cast it on before I leave.

Not to mention I have to work today & tomorrow.  And I leave at dawn on Weds..  *sigh*

Yes.  It was silly to try to do both.  I think I have partially admitted in my mind that the Bump ain't gonna get plied for this year's TdF.  But there is also a delusional part of me thinking I can somehow.  *shakes head*  Hopefully I will come to my senses.\

Mind you, it is one of those weird times when having vacation *didn't* help with the TdF.  I think the last time I went to the Adirondacks during the TdF was pre-kids.  And this year, we went up earlier in the summer because my Eldest got to go to a sleepaway camp.  It was a great experience.  But it also meant my youngest was solo for the first time ever up there.

So my husband & I tried to do things to keep him entertained.  Which was good.  But it means I didn't spin as much as I would have on if my Eldest had been there.  I still may have spun more than I would have with a week of work.  But with travel, I am not sure I wouldn't have spun more on a weekend at home.

I am happy I tried.  And I am still going to see what I can get done.  For one, I could really use the bobbins for SSK!  *laugh*

No comments: