Sunday, December 14, 2008

But It's For a Friend...

So it doesn't count as my stash, right...?

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=12510223

I will spin & knit it into something for my friend Karen. But it does look so yummy I suspect I will have a hard time parting with it.

*sigh* Can't wait to get my hands on it. *grin*

The guy at winderwoodfarm was great about doing this custom for me. He dyed the fibers & blended them. Karen is a cashmere junkie so I am sure she will love it. If I can bear to let it go of course. I may just want to roll around on it. *chuckle*

My brillant hubby was looking at some silk I have on my spindle. He mentioned it was in colors that a friend of mine loves! It is brown with some greens & other colors. I also have some yummy dark brown alpaca I bought from northstaralpacas. So I am going to spin that fiber and use the silk as edging. Probably just doing a scarf for her.

I really do need to post some finished object pics. I am hoping that work is a lot less crazed this week. *crosses fingers* On the plus side, I have an extra week when I return to the office to finish the major project which I am involved with. So that is good news. I am hoping it won't be as many long nights for the coming week. I get the two weeks after off. So it should give me a good amount of time to spin & knit. *wiggles happily*

Time for bed! Though I think I am still on a fiber buzz. *grin*

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Can't wait to see that alpaca/silk scarf.....
Maple