Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Diagonal Scarf with Handspun Yarn



Generated by Flickr Album Maker

Pattern:

Go Diagonal Scarf by Sophia Kessinger

http://yarnovermanhattan-free-patterns.blogspot.com/

Yarn:

Finn Handspun & Handyed

Around 55.0 yards

Colorway - Tropical Punch & Grape Kool Aid

Fiber was given to me with my wheel

Needles:

Knitpicks Options US 13 / 9.0 mm

This is my first batch of handspun where I plied two singles together. I wanted something that would feature the texture without overwhelming the yarn. This project was suggested on the Ravelry knitting with handspun group as being good with thick & thin yarns. It seems to be working very well.

It is super simple to knit and is going very quickly. My only fear is that I will not have enough yarn to make a scarf and end up with another neck warmer! *laugh* That is all I could make with the first handspun I made given there was no length to it. I am hoping this will be longer, but I am honestly not sure if it will be.

I ended up going with 19 sts wide as I like scarves to have some thickness. I really hope I have enough to get some length. Though I may not.

I am still not sure about the colors. They were dyed with Kool-Aid. I may overdye it with some more Kool-Aid.


No comments: