Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Finished Scarf

I didn't realize that I hadn't shown the finished scarf!  My bad!

Simple Charity Scarf

Simple Charity Scarf

Simple Charity Scarf

Overall, I really like it!  Think it went well & looks good.

There are definitely some funky spots & wonky edges.  I think that is about my issues getting the warp on the loom.  Made mistakes & learned.  But overall, I think it is a good charity scarf.  Definitely not perfect, but good.

I can't recall if I read this somewhere or just thought of it when when looking for a cutting board.

Having a cutting board with inch measurements & a rotary cutter makes cutting fringe a whole lot simplier.

I know I read/saw the bit about using a heavy book to weigh down a project when dealing with fringe.  It works well for cutting as well as twisted fringe.  The Jansen History of Art is my go to as it is big & heavy!

Cutting Fringe on Scarf

A roll of the rotary cutter & nice even ends.

Cutting Fringe on Scarf

Cutting Fringe on Scarf

Hooray for my first project on the new-to-me loom!

No comments: