Saturday, August 4, 2018

Tour de Fleece Wrapup


I didn't post for the last days of the TdF.  Whoops. 

I did post to the Into the Whirled thread for finished items.  Didn't win.  *sniffle*  Though there were 51 entries.  So the odds weren't strong.

I posted to the Akerworks one.  That closes today.  But there are A LOT of members in that group.  I just posted & am 104!  And even with 15 prizes...  You never know but not betting on it.

I am so sad!  I missed the prize deadline for the Schacht group.  *sigh*  I didn't read closely.  They opened a prize thread at the end of the tour.  Ah well.

Mind you, I am not in it for the prizes.  But it gives me something to work towards. 

Here's all my progress together.


Tour de Fleece 2018 Finished Goods


I am pretty happy with what I did. 

8 oz of Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221B Colorway
~434 yds of 2 ply

4 oz Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway
~180 yds of 2 ply

2 oz of The First Draft Polwarth Silk in the Thomas Waith Is in Love Colorway
still on the bobbin as I didn't finish the other 2 oz. yet

Wish I had gotten more yardage out of the 221B.  I was spinning singles to 28 WPI.  So I really thought I would get a fingering weight. But it plumped up a lot.

It is funny.  EVERYTHING I spun had Polwarth!  I think it has more crimp than I first thought.  So I think that was part of the poof of the 221B even with the silk. 

I knew the batt would poof a lot as I tried to keep it woolen spun.  I really didn't figure I would get a lot of yardage with a batt woolen spun.  So I was thrilled with the 180 yards.  I anticipate making a long cowl out of it similar to the one I made from a Loop Bullseye Bump.  

It was the Icordion Cowl.  

But looking at my projects, I think I was actually thinking of the Honey Cowl which I knit out of another ITW batt!  

The First Draft Polwarth/Silk in the Thomas Waith Is in Love colorway seems to be spinning up super fine.  But I am not taking any bets on yardage after 221B!  It is the same fiber makeup.  And I really thought the 221B was going to get me 600-700 yards.... Ah well.

Happy with my spinning for the TdF.  As always, it is good to have something driving me to spin every day.

I did miss on day.  My bus took 3 hours to get home.  And I just couldn't deal with anything at all.  But other than that, I spun daily.  So I am a happy camper.

I will try to post pics I took of the The First Draft Polwarth/Silk that I took during the TdF.  But I want to get this posted.  Then hopefully out for lunch & ice cream!

No comments: