Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Tour de Fleece Day 4 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - More Plying


I worked in the city yesterday.  So it means 2 hours each way of commuting & 8 hours away from home.  I didn't get nearly as much done for the TdF.  But I think I did about a half hour to 45 minutes.

I was working on the bulky flyer.  But it was getting so heavy that I was fighting with the wheel to get it to move.  The plies snapped as I tried to get some tension into the yarn.  I took that as a sign to move back to the regular bobbins. 

The tricky part with the regular bobbins is overplying.  I am hoping I haven't been.  I have been checking.  It has twist that is more than earlier.  So I have some concerns.  But with the bulky flyer I wasn't getting enough twist in many cases.  I kept having to pull it out & add more twist. 

I will just have to wait to see how it turns out after its bath.

The bulky bobbin:
 Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 4 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway More Plying - Done with Bulky Flyer

Much easier plying on the regular flyer & bobbin:
Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 4 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway More Plying
Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 4 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway More Plying Bobbins

Tour de Fleece Day 4


No comments: