Monday, July 9, 2018

Day 3 of the Tour de Fleece - Plying


I debated if I wanted to start singles and let the Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway singles rest longer. But I decided to start plying.

It is looking decent.  Though each time I put the bulky flyer on I get frustrated.  It is kinda heavy & doesn't always work well.  I have been debating selling it and just deal with making smaller skeins.  The other part of me wants to try an Akerworks jumbo bobbin to see it if helps.  They are lighter than the Schacht bobbins.  But I also am not sure if that will help.  And if it doesn't, I have sunk more money into it...

I have to push on the peddles harder as the bobbin gets heavier.  To the point that when I got up to move, my knees hurt like a son of a bear. I think I just need to limit how much time I spend plying with the bulky flyer.  And I won't use it for anything 4 oz and under.

I didn't get a chance to watch B5 today.  Elder Munchkin wanted to finish Despicable Me.  And Hubby & I watched an episode of Wynonna Earp.  I

I am thinking I may skip the two parter and move onto something different.

This will be the first year of the TdF with my longer commute.  The commute is about two hours each way.  So Tuesdays through Thursdays, I will be happy to get in more than 15 minutes!

Not sure if I am at the half way mark with plying.  Looking like it is a bit shy of that.

 Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying 1

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying - Bobbins 1

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying 2

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying - Bobbins 2

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying 3

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying - Bobbins 3

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying 4

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying - Bobbins 4

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying 5

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 3 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Plying - Bobbins 5

Tour de Fleexe Day 3

No comments: