Wednesday, July 25, 2018

TdF Days 12-15


I confess, I didn't spin a thing on Day 12...  Due to bus issues, it took me over three hours to get home.  And I was sore after being cramped for that long on the bus.  So I did nada.

Days 13-15, I finished plying the Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus colorway.  I really like the way it looks.  Since I was spinning it woolen to keep the air in it, I suspect it will plump even more after its bath.  I need to skein & soak it!

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 14 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway More Plying

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 14 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway More Plying Bobbins

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 15 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway Plying Nearly Done


Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 15 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway Plying Nearly Done Bobbins

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day 15 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Falkland Wool Carded Batt in Cattywumpus Colorway Plying DONE


Tour de Fleece Day 13-15


I have to admit, I am kinda disappointed in the yardage after the bath for the ITW Polwarth/Silk Blended Top in 221b colorway.  I really hoped to get at least 600 yards or possibly more out of 8 oz..  No such luck.  I only got about 435 yards!  Out of EIGHT OUNCES!  *sigh*

I really thought I would get more.  Not sure why.  I know it puffed up some.  But I checked while spinning the singles. Most of the time, it was about 28 WPI.  Really figured I would get a fingering weight with a 2 ply.  Alas, not the case.

Into the Whirled Polwarth-Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Post Bath Skeins

Into the Whirled Polwarth-Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Post Bath

Into the Whirled Polwarth-Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway Post Bath 2

Tour de Fleece Finished ItW Polwarth Silk 221B


No comments: