Saturday, July 7, 2018

So It Begins - Day One of the Tour de Fleece



Having made my decision yesterday on the first fiber on my wheel.  I prepped 4 oz. last night.  Just a simple strip down the middle.  I would like long repeats and saturated color.

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - Fiber Ready
to Go

My wheel is right by our picture window.  So I have a wonderful view...

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - My View from the Window

This is my first year at my new home.  So it is pretty special!

As I am on the Babylon 5 team this year, I decided it would be great to watch some B5 today.

There will be spoilers in my episode descriptions.  Though I have to say, if you haven't watch B5 yet, what are you waiting for?!  *grin* 

I started with the pilot episode.

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 -Watching B5 Pilot

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway -<span style= 


Then I decided in memory of Harlan Ellison, I would watch the episodes he was in in series order.  My friend Richard told me about B5 because Harlan was involved...

First up was Ceremonies of Light and Dark (Season 3 Episode 11).  It is an awesome episode after they break from Earth government.  Harlan is the voice of the computer after it is reset.  Full of snark! 

The fab trio!
Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 -Watching B5 Ceremonies of Light and Dark - Season 3 Episode
11

And the first appearance of the White Star!  With its greys & purples....  Was it a sign that I choose the colors I did? *laugh*


Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 -Watching B5 w White Star in The Face of the Enemy = Season 4
Episode 17

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - Creating
Singles

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - Creating
Singles 4

Next was The Face of the Enemy (Season 4 Episode 17).  A really powerful episode where Harlan appears as a Psi Cop.  It is the episode where we find out why Garibaldi betrays Sheridan.  And Bester is Bester...creepy and so screwed up...and screwing everyone else in the process.  Great episode.

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - Creating
Singles 5

Next up was one of my fav episodes, Day of the Dead (Season 5 Episode 8).  It has Penn & Teller as a comedy duo.  And Harlan is the voice of  Zooty (played by Teller).  DH also loves the episode, but had to run out.  So we will watch that soon I hope.  Maybe tonight.  Maybe tomorrow.

Though on a side note, I didn't remember that Harlan wrote two episodes.  So I will have to watch them too.  They are season 5 which honestly it kinda an odd season as they thought they weren't getting the 5th season.  So much of it was wrapped up in Season 4.  Maybe tomorrow...

So I decided to move on to my fav male character Marcus.  I say male as he may be tied with Ivanova.  But I adore Marcus... 

So I started with his first episode, Matters of Honor (Season 3 Episode 1.)  Love that episode as we meet him for the first time.

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - Creating
Singles 6

Though the DVD ran straight on to Episode 2, Convictions.  No Marcus but an awesome bit with Mollari & G'Kar trapped in an elevator together.  Still during the time when they loathe each other.  Some great lines!

G'Kar: As the humans say, 'Up yours, die!'

*grin*

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 -Watching B5 Convictions Season 3 Episode 2

Next up was Voices of Authority (Season 3 Episode 5). Ivanova pissing off one of the First Ones is my favorite part.  *grin*  It is a great episode for her.  And scary with the Night Watch.  Ick... 

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - Creating
Singles 7


The great part about this is that I got a full 4 oz of singles spun!  WOW!  I am pretty thrilled with that!

Tour de Fleece 2018 Day
1 - Into The Whirled Polwarth Silk Blended Top in 221b Colorway - First Singles
Done

I may spin more tonight.  I am not sure yet.  It might be wiser to take a break as I was a bit sore after plying for a couple hours yesterday.  Time will tell!  And it took longer getting this together than I would have thought!

TdF18 Day 1

No comments: