Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goals for 2013 & 2014


I am crossposting to both my personal journal & knitting one since they overlap so much.

First, last year's goals & what happened. 

- Finish the Maeve socks
Done!  Hooray

- Have at least five dates with my DH

I think so.  We squeezed some in during that last week.  I think we made it.

- Get more activity into my routine

Honestly...  Fail.  I really didn't do it.

- Lose weight in a healthy manner

Again.  Nope.  Didn't happen.

- Get any buttons or beads on finished WIPs within four months of finishing the knitting portion
Success.  But then again, I think I am also avoiding projects with buttons...

- Get out solo and/or have an evening with a friend

Got out with Meredith once which was really good.

- Sleep training with DSI won't go into this insanity.  But suffice it to say, it should have been done already... *sigh*
Done.  But it does require redoing from time to time.  He started creeping on the bedtime again & fussing.  So there is more of it again.  But seems to be working okay.

So all in all, not bad.  Most were successful.  The diet and exercise were the biggies on the nope side.  But all in all, not too shabby.

Now for the 2014 Goals


- Get more activity into my routine

Gonna put this at the top of the list.  It is very important for so many reasons...

- Lose weight in a healthy manner

Relisting for the obvious reasons.

- More solo time for me & DH

I really think it is critical for both DH & I to have some time for ourselves.  It is good for the mental health.  We had talked about taking one night a month for ourselves.  But it didn't happen.  Maybe if I put it here, we might get it to happen.

- Get my resume completed

Things with the merger are still happening.  The big systems stuff is early 2015.  So I really should have my resume brushed up & maybe contact some headhunters in the publishing field.  I really love publishing and think I would like to continue in it.

- Finish sweater for DH
I really would like to finish the sweater.  It was cast on in the fall of 2012...

- 12 socks in 12 months
Realistically, this one may not happen.  But you know what?  It is great to try and push it.  I have had four pairs of handknit socks die since fall.  I need to make more.  I joined a very open group on Ravelry that goal is to knit 12 pairs in 2014.  http://www.ravelry.com/groups/dozen-pairs-of-socks-in-2014  But they welcome anyone to set their own goals.  They have a beginner & advanced pattern for each month.  But you can also do your own thing.  My kind of group.  I am *terrible* about staying with just one thing. *laugh*

I know I could set more goals, but I think this is good. 


No comments: