Thursday, September 24, 2009

Overdue Pics of Finished Objects

I am long overdue on some finished object pics. So I figured I would put this together before the baby arrives. She is already past her due date which was Sunday. But it is pretty typical for a first time pregnancy.

I still don’t feel like she is coming any time soon. My OB says she will induce next Wednesday which will put it at nearly 42 weeks (which is when they get worried the baby might have problems if it doesn’t come out).

I am sure you will sense a theme in my knitting as of late. Surprise surprise!


Kimono Jacket in Fresh From the Cauldron Silver Sock Volturi Colorway




Generated by Flickr Album Maker




Cast On:
August 29 2009

Completed:
September 10 2009

Pattern:
Garter Stitch Baby Kimono by Joji Locatelli
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/garter-stitch-baby-kimono

Made for:
Kiddle due in Sept. 09

Size:
6-9 months

Needles:
US 2 / 2.75 mm Knitpicks Options
In Vamp Club colorway The Volturi
~1 skeins = 420.0 yards (384.0m)
Purchased at Fresh From The Cauldron
http://squibstitcher.etsy.com


I decided to do this in stockinette to show off the beautiful yarn.

I started with 6 rows of garter to get it not to roll. Then I kept the 6 stitches at the edge in garter as well. Again, easy way to keep it from rolling yet make it simple to knit.

I did it a bit backwards for the pattern instructions. I bound the shoulder seams and then knit the sleeves in the round. Less seaming work involved is always a plus.

Also, I didn’t want to worry about finding buttons (still have two sweaters not completed as I need to find buttons for them). So I skipped the button holes and made i-cord closures & Chinese knot closure.

http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2008/10/24/handmade-closures-chinese-knot.aspx


All in all, a simple, quick knit that was great for tv knitting.

I am glad it only took one skein. It means I have a second skein of this beautiful yarn for something for me!


First Coat for Kiddle



Generated by Flickr Album Maker



Cast On:
July 25 2009

Completed:
September 2 2009

Pattern:
First Coat by Debbie Bliss
from Essential Baby by Debbie Bliss
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Baby-Handknits-First-Steps/dp/1570763682

Made for:
Kiddle

Size:
6-9 months

Needles:
US 2 / 2.75 mm & US 3 / 3.25 mm Knitpicks Options

Yarn:
Knit Picks Stroll Sport
~4.5 skeins = 616.5 yards (563.7m) in Hollyberry
&
~0.25 skeins = 34.3 yards (31.3m) in Black
Purchased at Knit Picks
http://www.knitpicks.com


Definitely glad I got extra yarn. The pattern says 4 skeins for the size. But it took at least 4 1/2. The Stroll sport says it has the same yardage per skein as the Cashmerino the pattern calls for.

Very simple knit. Just some decreases and increases. Mostly it is pretty mindless knitting so good for tv viewing and such.

I am very glad Knit Picks came out with a washable sport weight yarn. I think it is prefect for this project.

Made in size 6-9 so my baby can wear it during the winter. Might be a bit big, but might not be. Hard to tell. So I figure it is better to be too big than too small.

Decided to add the contrast color to the edge of the sleeves. I wish I had thought to do it at the bottom edge as well. I think that would have looked good.

The size 3 needles for the pattern definitely gives the piece a thicker, denser coat quality. I think it would have had better drape if I had used 4s instead. But it should be thick for winter wear this way.

The only downside of the pattern was seaming all the pieces together. My least favorite task. Just glad it was a baby item as there was a lot less of it.

Finished all but the buttons Aug. 23rd. Forget when exactly I got the buttons. I think I finished it around the beginning of Sept. I will just blame it on the pregnancy hormones. *grin*


Black Mary Janes




Generated by Flickr Album Maker



Cast On:
August 26 2009

Completed:
August 30 2009

Pattern:
Mary Jane Booties by Lucie Sinkler
http://home.howstuffworks.com/free-baby-bootie-knitting-patterns2.htm

Made for:
Kiddle due in Sept. 09

Size:
0-6 months

Needles:
US 3 / 3.25 mm Knitpick Options

Yarn:
Knit Picks Stroll Sport in Black
~0.5 skeins = 68.5 yards (62.6m)
Purchased at Knit Picks

Second pair of Mary Janes I made. Like the pattern as it is quick, easy and looks adorable. I am tempted to make these in every possible color.

I had nothing on my needles for the baby who is arriving in just 3+ weeks. *gulp* Given they are black Mary Janes, they should be cute & match everything. The wool will help keep her feet warm.

I put snaps instead of buttons on the straps. Much easier than fussing with tiny buttons on baby feet. I will do this with any I make in the future.


This may be my last post for a while. I suspect when the baby arrives, there won't be much time for updates! And the pics will probably be of the baby.

My general journal is where I keep the baby stuff - http://akkasha.livejournal.com.

2 comments:

ten said...

Good to hear from you! You are pretty constantly on my mind. I love the little black Mary Janes, and the coat is awesome.

I'm beginning to think she's a little diva, planning a Grand Entrance, keeping everybody waiting.

Remember to breathe.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://asonykyde.bigheadhosting.net/obonyd.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life