Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quickie Update

Just feeling like I should take a sec for an update. Though not too much to report.

The Baby Surprise Jacket still hasn't had what little seaming there is completed. Have I mentioned how much I dislike seaming? *grin* I should do it soon.

I was really glad I had my knitting with me in the car on Friday. DH and I were running around, looking at baby stuff. Unfortunately, there was a minor fender bender (more details on my non-knitting journal). We were both fine. It was start and stop traffic. So no one was going very fast. I don't even think our seat belts locked up.

It did mean that we had a lot of time to just sit around and wait for the cops to arrive and such. I had the First Coat for the kiddle that I was working on. It is a very simple knit which was sorta perfect. I also had the BSJ with me, but I just knew seaming at that moment could be a disaster. So I left it alone.

The funny thing was that I forgot my tape measure. So when I got home, I realized I had knit more than I should have. So I ripped back to the point when I should have started some decreases. Whoops!

I have finish the pieces other than the collar. Of course, that means that it is time for the dreaded seaming work! *laugh* I have to attach some pieces before I can pick up the stitches for the collar.

Overall, it is going well. And I think it will look really nice.

Though sooner or later I need *buttons* so I can complete the Baby Surprise Jacket, Loving Memories Lacy Bunting and the coat! I had actually stopped at a Michael's before the accident but they didn't have any buttons. *grumblegrowl* I should go up to the Garment District in the city and get some. It is just between all the baby stuff and having too much work to do these days, it has been a challenge to get away from my desk for lunch, much less out of the building to do anything else. Maybe next week. *crosses fingers*

No comments: