Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quick Update

I really need to do a long post. I have been a busy gal. But I haven't had the time to post.

I am participating in the Tour de Fleece...mostly. I have skipped a few days. Long story but things have been happening with my cat. (I have been posting about it on my general journal - http://akkasha.livejournal.com) So there have been days when I couldn't do anything.

On the knitting front, I finished the Wave Jumper dress. I need to take pics and post them.

I have the button band left to knit on the Loving Bunting. I will also make a hat to match I think. Though I am debating what to do with the lower edge. The pattern suggest velcro. But my MIL pointed out that velcro and knitting can be a bad mix. And after washing a baby blanket with another item that had velcro, I found out she was definitely right. There is an odd patch in the middle of the knit blanket where I pulled off the velcro. I don't think most people would notice it. But still kinda frustrating.

I am thinking about just using the bottom edge to make a casing, then running some yarn through the bottom. Probably the easiest route. I also thought about just adding some trim to the bottom so it won't roll. It starts in stockinette (because they figure you are adding the velcro).

Need to get back to work. Between the work conference, the cat and baby stuff, I feel like I don't have much free time. I am terrified what will happen *after* the baby arrives!

No comments: