Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy

The June shipment just arrived from the Vamp Yarn Club by Fresh from the Cauldron. I am a happy camper. It is lovely stuff.

Yes, I need to take pics. But it literally just arrived moments ago. (And my camera on the phone just doesn't do anything justice, so it will have to wait until I get home.)

I also really like the pattern. It is a Volturi sock pattern by Teri Christensen. I got the Volturi colorway so it is a great match. Though the funny part is that my plan was to knit something for the kiddle in the Volturi colorway. I ordered two skeins of the same colorway. So I figured I would just wait for the second one and do something at that time. But now, I am not sure I want to wait! And that might not come for up to another four months.

The deal is that I got to pick from a bunch of different colorways. There were five colorways I needed. But there are six months so six shipments. So I decided that I would get the two Volturi in the superwash yarn so I could make socks and one in the silk/non-superwash wool base so I would make a scarf or something that wasn't laying against my skin.

However, Jenn (the dyer) was able to get the silver superwash base. So I am getting both Volturi on that base. In theory, it will be two skeins of the same color. However, she handdyes all these. So it is entirely likely that the colorways won't really match.

So maybe I get socks and the little gal gets a sweater or something out of the other skein. It would be kinda cute to have her dressed in something where I could have matching socks. *laugh* I know, silly.

Though with the way things are going, I suspect the little girl will get hers before I knit mine. *chuckle* The knitting I have been doing has all been baby stuff.

The good news was that I was able to knit yesterday & Saturday. The bad news is that I put some weight on my right hand this morning and had pain shoot up my forearm. *sigh* So I am going to see the doctor. I fell last Monday and landed on my hands and knees. I really thought I was nearly all better. But this morning definitely indicated it is time to get it checked out. *sigh*

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Dang! Hope that you are ok