Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Finished Objects

I am overdue on posting some finished objects! I completed them a while ago. But things just keep popping up that need my attention. So I hadn't gotten the chance til now.

Sad thing is, I have another FO that I haven't taken pics of. Not to mention some stash that I got at the Smiley's sale. Between work and baby/pregnancy stuff, there aren't enough hours in the day! amnesia

Gothic Temptress Socks



Generated by Flickr Album Maker




Cast On:
April 4 2009

Completed:
May 10 2009

Pattern:
Gothic Temptress by Janine Le Cras (Ravelry Only)
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gothic-temptress

Made for:
Me

Size:
9" circumference, 9 1/4" long

Needles:
US 1 1/2 / 2.5 mm Knitpicks Options & Harmony
2 socks on 2 circs

Yarn:
Knit Picks Essential in Black
3 skeins = 693.0 yards (633.7m)
Purchased at Knit Picks
http://www.knitpicks.com

I cast these on for April Sock Knitters Anonymous KAL. It fits both pattern possibilities. It is knee high and under appreciated.

I picked up the yarn especially for this pattern. I looked forward to making them. They were an easy knit as there is a lot of stockinette. So it definitely helped. But given they are knee highs, they still took a while.

I also am glad they fit both criteria as I could run out of yarn before I get to knee highs. I have big calves! Luckily, I didn’t run out and they go all the way to the knees.

I added extra stitches to the increases to help them fit my calves. So I ended up with about 10-12 more stitches than the pattern called for. It was easy to do given that they are toe-up. So I just kept trying them on, adding increases as needed.

I put elastic at the top edge to help them stay up. And I am very glad I didn't sew the picot edging at the top too tight. They fit well.

I need to buy the ribbon to lace through the back. I like the way they look even without that. But the ribbon will make them really special.

It is so hard to show the detail with black yarn. There is a picot edging at the top and there are some cables that form Os where the ribbon will be laced.

All in all, a satisfying finished project.


February Baby Bonnet




Generated by Flickr Album Maker




Cast On:
May 8 2009

Completed:
May 9 2009

Pattern:
Taken from imajypsee’s february baby bonnet project (Ravelry Only):
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/imajypsee/february-baby-bonnet

Made for:
Kiddle

Needles
US 4 / 3.5 mm Knitpicks Options

Yarn:
Knit Picks Shine Sport in Cherry
~0.5 skeins = 55.0 yards (50.3m)
Purchased at Knit Picks
http://www.knitpicks.com

I wanted a matching hat for the February sweater I made for the kiddle on the way. I thought the picture showed one. It did. But of course it being Elizabeth Zimmermann, she didn't say how. Just that she knit it. *sigh*

Luckily, during my grumblings about EZ, Silvercat pointed out that some on Ravelry had probably already come up with a pattern for it. A search on February bonnet in projects in Ravelry turned up many projects. The one I liked best was one by imajysee. She was kind enough to put the instuctions in her project description. So I was off and knitting.

Given the size, it was a quick knit. And it is a good, straight forward pattern. I love the way it came out.

And yes, I know Bear's ears ruin the lines of it. But the kiddle won't be out til Sept.. So I will have to wait for her to wear it. *grin* And Bear is a very patient model.

There is more I should share. But if I do not post this, I don't know when I will. And it might wait around several more days! So two finished objects down. Still have another I need to take pics of as well as some yarn pics. Whee.

No comments: