Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yarn Club & WIPs

I got into the Vamp Yarn Club that Fresh from the Cauldron is running. I am looking forward to it.

The interesting thing is that they already show the various colorways. I get to pick the ones I want. So I won't end up with colorways that just aren't my thing. So I am pretty happy. *smile* I am doing the bimonthly one, so I will get 3 shipments.

I know two of the colorways I want are Volturi & Fangstasia. I know, shocking. *laugh* Not at all my colors. *smirk*

I am waiting to see what the dyer comes up with for the three remaining Anne Rice vamp colorways. I suspect she is going to go with eye & hair color like she did with Claudia. But I am not sure. I also think the Michael Corvin colorway is something that Paul would like. So that might be my third selection.

I really wish I could do the RainyDaysWoolyDogs's GothSocks Sock Club. I might even do both but the RDWD one is pay upfront. And I can't really afford that right now. If it were a month by month, I would do it. I really need to order some of their yarn sometime though. I keep meaning to and by the time I get to it, the colorway I want is gone. They have a Romantic Goth colorway that I love. *smile* I would love to see them do that in roving! I think that would be beautiful.

On the knitting front, my Brigit socks are 99% done. Seriously. I have bound off half of each sock! *laugh* I almost finished them last night, but I knew it would take a while longer. And the last thing you want to do is rush a sewn bind off. I really want socks that will actually fit when I am done. *grin* So I was good and put them down. They should be off my needles tonight for certain.

I wound the Spirit Trail Fiberworks Helen yarn in Harbor Fog this morning. I suspect it will be a good yarn. I am worried it might be a bit splitty, but it is hard to tell yet. It is going to be socks for my hubby Paul. The designer for the March KAL for Sock Knitters Anonymous is Cat Bordhi. I have been wanting to try another of her sock patterns from New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I did the Coriolis socks from that and they were interesting. I figure the beauty of the book is that I can always figure out the exact right size for the socks which is nice.

I also cast on a Chevron Lace Scarf from this pattern. I am using the Tempted Hand Painted 80% superwash merino/20% Cashmere Fiber I spun for it. I think it will look nice with the color changes. It is a simple 2 row repeat. So that makes it pretty quick. I should have this done for spring, should it decide to come anytime soon!

No comments: