Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yummy Yummy Fiber!

The wonderful guy at winderwoodfarm.etsy.com made me an offer on some more custom fiber. After spinning the lovely fiber for my friend's Xmas present, there was no way I could say no (despite knowing I should have...*chuckle*)

The pics really do not do this justice:
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13566446

It is a deep, rich purple & a dark red. I think the pic has the flash on which is why it looks much lighter.

He blended some extra. I wish I could have afforded to buy it all as it is amazing. But I had already picked up more than I should have. But I am sooo glad I did!

I only wish I had enough bobbins free to start on this. But I really do want to finish up the lovely Tempted merino/cashmere blend I have on my bobbin right now. It feels lovely.

With the Tempted I am going to Navajo ply it. I am nervous about that because I have only done extra bits of leftover singles with Navajo plying. I haven't done a lot of it. But I think with the black & red pieces, it will look much better if I do the Navajo ply. The tricky part will be making sure not to overtwist it when I ply it. I don't want it to lose the softness it has.

2 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Michelle, that red is gorgeous! Best of luck with the Navaho plying. If you find the secret to not overtwist, let me know. ☺
Maple

Stephanie said...

Very nice. I can't wait to see what you spin up with it. I've jsut started spinning up my first ever batt. OMG it's fun! I *LOVE* navajo plying. Fun fun fun! I can't wait to see it :)