Monday, December 15, 2008

Beaded Evening Bag/Purse

I am going a bit out of order. This is a work in progress. But I don't know if I will get a chance to finish all the posts today. And I know tomorrow will be a zoo. So if I can't post it today, I don't know when I will get to post these.

Beaded Evening Bag/Purse

Pattern:

Designed by me

Made for:

My Friend Karen

Needles:

US 2 1/2 / 3.0 mm Knitpicks Options

Yarn:

Kraemer Yarns Sterling Silk & Silver in Tuxedo Colorway

Around 1/2 skeins = 200 yards

Purchased at The Point in New York, New York

I wanted to make a beaded evening bag for a friend.

I didn’t want to do the super fine seed beads. I wanted something that was knit but with beads as an accent. I couldn’t find anything that I thought would work for my friend.

I came across the Kraemer Yarns Sterling Silk & Silver yarn at my LYS. I knew it would be perfect as my friend loves black & silver.

I picked up some beads to work into the project. Then I sat down and started trying to chart something I thought would work. I have tweaked the pattern several times.

I will share it when I am through with it. I think it looks good and could work well for others.


No comments: