Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Works in Progress

I currently have two works in progress. But still no socks on my needles. *gasp*


I wanted to start on some more Xmas knitting. I only thing I have completed so far is a baby sweater for Trinity. She is my nephew Michael & his wife Jen's daughter who is about to turn 1. I wanted to knit something for their baby boy who is due in November.


Cast On:

October 4, 2008

Pattern:

Trellis by Britta Stolfus Rueschhoff

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTtrellis.html

Yarn:

TLC Cotton Plus Solid in 3810 light blue

Guessing it will take about 2 skeins = 356.0 yards

Purchased at Smiley's Yarns Sale in NJ ($4 for 3 skeins, got 6 which is more than enough)

Needles:

US 7 / 4.5 mm Knitpicks Options

trellis-in-progress

I did a Ravelry search on baby projects in the TLC Cotton Plus and found the Trellis sweater. It looked really attractive so I decided to cast it on.

I sorta wish I had done a bigger size. Trinity was already wearing 9 month clothing when she was three months old. I should have anticipated a big baby. Plus it could have been worn later. But ah well. Honestly, I don't know if they even liked the sweater I knit for Trinity last Xmas. So I don't want to spend tons of time on it if it will never get worn.

I confess I am not thrilled with the way the pattern is written. I finally sat down and marked up the pattern with the row #s. I am not sure why the designer wrote it without the row #s. Other than that though, the pattern is great. And I love the way it is turning out.

I admit I almost didn't do it as it is pieces. And I have sewing the pieces together at the end. But it is a nice pattern. So I am hopeful it will work out well.

Mind you, I really should finish the sleeves for the black alpaca sweater to see how much yarn I have left. I could pick up another color at Rhinebeck if needed. But then again, I do have a lot of black alpaca fiber so I can spin something to compliment it. Not saying I can spin it as fine or even as the stuff I have! Not by a long shot. But I can create something to compliment it. I figure I could use it for edging if needed.

Heaven knows even with only the four skeins I have (after losing one), it should still be around 2750 yards. In theory, it should be enough for a sweater. *crosses fingers* I will just have to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The baby sweater is stunning! I hope they appreciate the workmanship! No everybody can do what you do!! Maggie