Monday, May 19, 2008

Seven Deadly Spins May Project - Spoilers

This was my May shipment from the 7 Deadly Spins yarn club.



Generated by Flickr Album Maker

Pattern:

Sheepy Washcloth and Soap Sack by Sarah Wilson

Yarn:

Unique Sheep Pima Petite in Peace colorway

Made for 7 Deadly Spins Yarn Club

Needles:

US 6 for Sheep Washcloth

US 5 for Soap Sack

Washcloth:

I decided to it as a present for my mother-in-law. She likes sheep a lot so I figure she would enjoy it.

I increased the needle size as I tend to knit tightly. Though I think that was a mistake. There are some gaps around the base of the legs where I stitch from knit to purl. Washing it did smooth it out a bit, but it would have been better in a smaller needle size.

Definitely a fast knit and cute for anyone who likes sheep.

Soap Sack:

I knit this in the round rather than having to seam it. I am working in magic loop and finding it is pretty quick.

I decided to knit the stitch pattern as it was written so I did the K1, P1 for a row, then the K across for the next row. Then I turned it inside out to get the bumps on the outside. I knit faster & tighter than I purl. So it is quicker that way.

Very simple pattern though I think it will be nice. I am think my mother-in-law liked it.

The yarn is really nice. I machine washed and dried it. It still feels nice and soft. Definitely a delight.

I am leaning towards knitting up some washcloths & soap sacks as Xmas pressie. They are quick and can easily be customized to the person which is nice.


No comments: