Friday, April 25, 2008

Works in Progress


Just wanted to update about my works in progress. It has been a while since I posted about them.

St. George Dragon Scarf

Cast On:

April 24 2008

Pattern:

Morehouse Puff the Merino Dragon Scarf

http://www.morehousefarm.com/KnittingKits/Scarves/Dragon/

Needles:

US 8 / 5.0 mm bamboo dpns

Yarn:

Morehouse Farm Merino Merino 3-Strand in Cardinal

3 skeins = 420.0 yards (384.0m)

Purchased at:

Morehouse Farm Merino

http://www.morehousefarm.com



Generated by Flickr Album Maker

Cast on for St. George's feast. *grin*

I ordered another kit as it was on sale. I had figured I would cast it on at some point. Then my hubby read me something my mother-in-law wrote him. She was wondering what dragons do on St. George's feast day. *laugh* I love the woman... *grin*

So it seemed only right to cast on the scarf.

I have only done a little so far. But I recall why I like the pattern. It is actually pretty simple once you understand the basic repeats.

I still miss my first one, Dracul. *sniffle* I lost him on the PATH train last fall. The problem was he was too short. So he kept falling off me.

This time I picked up an extra skein of the yarn. I intend on doing more repeats & making it wider at the top. It will be interesting to tweak the pattern to get it wider.

I also am doing it on size 8 needles this time. I did my first one on size 10s because I was knitting so tight. However, I want this one to be tighter, thus denser.

Though I have to be careful... This yarn breaks...a lot. In the first 2 repeats, the yarn has broken three times. I will have to loosen up on my stitches. The good news is that wool sticks to itself. So I just rejoin the yarn. But it does mean working back.

I confess I don't see how this yarn is three ply. I find it is sorta loose and there isn't much ply to it at all. Guess it is just my tight knitting coming back to bite me. *laugh*

Edited here: Pattern is spoke for. Thanks for the interest.

Xmas Tomten for Trinity

Pattern:

Modular Tomten Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann

Needles:

US 10 / 6.0 mm Knitpick Options

Yarn:

Lion Brand Lion Suede Solid in Teal

Maybe 5 skeins = 610.0 yards (557.8m)



Generated by Flickr Album Maker

I started this before leaving for my work conference. I wanted something simple to knit during the meetings. It definitely fits the bill with this.

I am thinking I might learn to do some crochet stitches to border the edges. It could look pretty.

Knitting it for Trinity, my grandniece (no, not that old, just have nephews around my age). I suspect it will be too large. But she can grow into it. At 4 months she was 20 pounds! So she is growing fast.

I admit I wouldn't have bought this yarn except for it was $0.99 a skein at a local store. So I figured it would be good for some baby stuff.

I dislike knitting it honestly. It isn't a yarn I would buy again. It sticks. A lot.

But I think her mom will like it. The yarn is very soft and fuzzy. And machine washable. So I am guessing it will be a good present.

It is nice getting a jump on holiday knitting. I figure this way it is very relaxed. I will probably knit a matching hat as part of the pressie.


Blue Jeans Lace Leaf Shawl


Pattern:

Ble Jeans Lace Leaf Shawl

http://whatgivesblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/blue-leave-shawl-pattern-remember-this.html


Yarn:

Malabrigo Yarn Lace in Azalea


I am also still working on the Blue Jeans lace shawl. It is about 60% done. I only have 8 more of the 35 repeats to go. But I am feeling less into it these days. I don't know why I am stalling a bit on this. Though I am going to knit some in the car for the road trip.


I think part of it is about the fact that each row takes a long while to complete. So if I have to stop in the middle of the row it is a bit of a headache.


The strangest part is I have three projects on the needles and NONE are socks!! It is sooooo weird. *laugh*


I have to scoot! Off for my fifth anniversary weekend. Can't wait.


1 comment:

winnie said...

I'm interested in the extra copy of the pattern. How much will you be charging for it?