Monday, March 31, 2008

Rethink on Blue Jeans Lace Leaf Shawl

I completed 15 repeats. I was thinking I was going to go with 30 repeats. However, holding it to my back, it isn't going to be long enough.

I was figuring it would be 25", which is 30 repeats. 15 repeats is measuring 12 1/2", so I was right with the count. However, it doesn't feel long enough. So now I am figuring on 35 repeats. It will just make it about 2" longer, but I suspect that is better overall.

Then again, I might get further along in this and decide I am done. *laugh* But we will see.

So that means I am only 15% done. Whee.

I am glad I will have this with me for the plane to and from Arizona. It will give me a good chunk of knitting time. Though the flight home is a red eye so I suspect I will be sleeping, not knitting. But I am hoping that I can still get some done in the evenings.

I still need a super simple project for knitting during the meetings. I had the bulky baby kimono last conference and that worked out really well. I just can't seem to find a simple pattern that is all one piece. Most seem to be pieces that will need to be sewn together. And I confess. I am lazy! I hate piecing after the fact.

Hmmm. I could do another Tomten with the Lion Brand Suede I have. It would look very different than the one I did for littlest George. I could do that for my grand niece Trinity for Xmas. Getting an early start wouldn't be bad. And I can always oversize it a bit so I know it will fit her. Hmmm. Thinking this is a very good idea.

I might send Paul to the library for another EZ book. I have been tempted to try the baby surprise sweater. So that is another thought.

No comments: