Monday, March 10, 2008

Coriolis Socks in Lisa Souza Mars Quake

I just finally got around to posting the pics for this one. I am wearing the socks today and really like them.

Cast On:

February 16 2008

Finished:

March 1 2008



Generated by Flickr Album Maker



Pattern:

Master Coriolis by Cat Bordhi

From New Pathways for Sock Knitters

http://www.amazon.com/New-Pathways-Sock-Knitters-Book/dp/0970886969/

Made for:

Me - Size 9 shoe, 9" at ball, 9 1/4" long

Yarn:

Lisa Souza Sock! in Mars Quake

75% Superwash Wool/25% Nylon

0.8 skeins = 90 grams / 360 yards

http://www.lisaknit.com/yarn/animalfibers/sock.html

Needles:

US 1 1/2 / 2.5 mm

Knitpicks Options and Harmony

2 socks on 2 circs method

I definitely like this pattern. It is actually pretty easy and looks good.

I found that I had to do the heels one at a time. Given the short rowing, there is no way to do both at the same time. Next time I would just remove one sock from the needles and put it on a holder. I slid the stitches around twice and found there was no reason to do that.

Of course, I didn’t realize at the time I paired the yarn and the pattern that it is a similar colorway to the one on the cover of New Pathways!

I made two sets of the letter markers in different colors. This made it very easy to spiral the sock in the correct direction. I also used the A marker of one sock and B for the second. It was marked this way at the beginning of the pattern. However, after the heel, they both would have been marker E (she has you change to c & d for the heel, leaving e for the marker for the swirl).

I think next time after the heel I would start another swirl at the opposite side. I think that would add more visual interest.

I did do increase along the leg as Cat suggested in the pattern. The stockinette of the leg doesn’t have a lot of give so I wanted to make sure it wasn’t too tight. Also, my calves are pretty bulky. So it means they fit nicely.

I really like the way these came out. Only wish I had finished them on Friday, Feb. 29th so they would have been within the same month they were started. Just me being silly. *laugh*

I suspect I will make the pattern again sometime. I like it and it really accentuates a yarn wonderfully.

No comments: