Friday, January 25, 2008

Yummy Yummy Sock Yarn!

I just got the sock yarn I ordered! It is very yummy and very squishy.

It is the Dexter colorway in Bamboo Sock (60% superwash merino/30% bamboo/10% nylon). It was dyed by Carrie aka Dharmafey of the Socks in the City podcast. She posted about it on Ravelry. She also has an Etsy shop. Though I think she is doing the Dexter colorways by request, not just listing them on her Etsy page.

Here is a pic of hers of the Dexter colorway:
Dexter Yarn

My batch is seems to be a light grey overall with smaller patches of red here and there. Personally, I like it better than the one she pictured which has white in it.

She has a bunch of her colorways on her flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dharmafey/sets/72157603576877947/

I can't wait to see how it knits up. I think it will be largely a grey sock with flecks of red in it.

I am hooked on the show Dexter as well. Paul and I have been watching it (though we are only about 6 episodes in, probably will watch some more this weekend). It is really delightful. Definitely dark.

I can't see how they will edit it to show it on CBS. There is too much profanity and some nudity as well. I think they are going to hack it up to a point it will be unwatchable.

No comments: