Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Toe Up Socks in Schaefer Lola Done

Cast on:

Saturday, Nov. 3rd.

Finished on:

Sunday, Nov. 11th.

Yarn:

Schaefer Lola


Needles:

Knitpicks Options & Boyd Circulars Size 5

I am going to sure the small images on the page. My mother-in-law is still on dial-up. So I don't want to overload her with the images. And I will just give links to some of the images.

Front View:

Toe Up Socks in Schaefer Lola - Front View

Side View:

Toe Up Socks in Schaefer Lola - Close Up Side View


Other Views:

Side View of Pair

Flat

Flat Pair


Pattern:

I didn't use a specific pattern.

I used the Lifestyle Toe Up Socks as a guide.


The toe is done with Judy's Magic Cast-On. Though the YouTube video by Cat Bordhi was even more helpful.


I took the numbers from the Knitty Universal Toe Up sock recipe.


I looked at different sites for the heel I went with one that didn't require wraps. I think that was a mistake.


I did a garter rib on the top which will carry up to the leg. Took that from Sensational Knitted Socks.



This is a Frankenpattern! *grin*


Love the yarn! It is knitting up so fast. I did 6" of the foot in the first 48 hours. This is after spending a lot of time learning Judy's Magic Cast-On and frogging the toe once after it didn't go right the first time. It is also super cushy and soft. I know I will have to get more of it.


I really enjoy toe up socks. I like that I can tweak them as needed. It may be my new method for socks most of the time.

I will definitely find a new heel though. I got holes at the seam. Not good. I had to use the yarn to sew up the holes at the gusset. I am trying another method with the Toe Up Jaywalkers. And this method is a lot better. So I won't use the no wrap method again. Too much of a mess. Not that the one I am doing now is tough at all. It has a gusset and is worked nearly identical to a cuff down which I like.


I am wearing them again today. I really like them. They are kinda bulky, but I don't mind that. I suspect most people would say they are house socks, but I don't think of them as that.

No comments: