Monday, October 15, 2007

Ravishing Socks Completed

I have a good deal of catching up to do. But given I just got back to the office after my week off, it might take a few posts to get my knitting up to date.


I completed my fourth pair of socks over a week ago on Saturday, Oct. 6th. Woohoo!

They were made with hand dyed yarn that was created to be self-patterning. I like the way the dye job came out. I call them my ravishing socks. It is mostly about the ravishing red color. And that I like having silly names for the colorways I dye.

I like the finish project. I think the Elann Esprit is a bit thick, but the cotton/elastic blend really seems to fit well on the foot and is pretty forgiving. I definitely like them.

Yarn:

Elann Esprit


Dye:

Dharma Fiber Reactive Procion Dyes


Pattern:

Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns Basic Sock Pattern


Needles:

Size 5 Knitpick circular & Size 5 Boyd


Front Shot:

Ravishing Socks - Front View

Side View:

Ravishing Socks - Side View

Flat:

Ravishing Socks - Flat

No comments: