This is the batch of 100% Bamboo yarn I dyed.
It is in different greens with a bit of blue. So I named it undertow. Just reminded me of seaweed & the water.
I should have taken some pics before I tried to wind it into balls. It would show all the colors. Ah well.
Tangled bits after dyeing:
Large skein made with swift. Given I had it on the largest size I could get, it should be around 12' I think.
Colors are in 2" to 6" sections. Random. Not self patterning.
I dyed this yarn for my sister-in-law who loved green. I used the forest green dye as well as mixing two other greens & a weaker mix of the forest green. I also added azure blue.
I like the shimmer/shine that the bamboo has. It doesn't take the dyes as deeply as the cotton. But they look really good.
Overall, I really like this batch of yarn a lot. I am hopeful my sister in law will like it as socks.
I admit I am nervous about making her socks. I am still not sure about the bamboo yarn having enough stretch. Though the swatch I knit had a lot more give than I figured it would. So I am hopeful.
I am leaning towards a simple rib for this. Mainly because I am not sure what else would have enough elasticity to it to be sure it will stay up on the calf. Open to ideas though.
I will probably do these as toe up shoes to make sure I have enough yarn to complete them. I keep wondering if I should make my bamboo socks first to check out the yarn. Or if I should just dive in on Jennifer's. Decisions decisions. *grin*