Monday, October 22, 2007

Completed Projects


Charity Hat for Hats for Alex

Cast on Tuesday Oct. 16th.

Finished Friday, Oct. 19th.

Started this hat to help show a co-worker how to knit.

Here's Moose in his modeling debut. Figure Bear has his chance. He is a natural poster boy as he came from the Vermont Teddy Bear Company (who has lots of ads with lots of his brothers and sisters, cousins, etc.).

Alex Hat on Moose - View 1

Alex Hat on Moose - View 2

Alex Hat on Moose - To the Side

Alex Hat - Flat - View 1

Alex Hat - Flat - View 2

Top:

Alex Hat - Top

Alex Hat - Flat - Close to Top View

I wanted to complete it by Saturday, the 20th so I can put it into the box for Hats for Alex. And I did.

Yarn:

Lion Brand Chunky USA Purple

Acrylic (but hey, washable which is the point)

Pattern:

I put in a pattern but wasn't really following one.

I sorta winging it. Cast on 48 stitches. I did a ribbed edge. Then for the knit part, I did a k1, yo, K2 together each 3 rows. On the other two rows, I knit. It gave it some open holes, but they don't show as much as I figured they would. However, it is a minor touch that added a bit to the hat.

For the decrease, I followed the Ann Budd decreases in Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns.

Needles:

Size 9 Knitpick 32" circ with Magic Loop Method

Donation:

Was going to drop in box for Hats for Alex. I forgot to write down *where* the donation boxes where. Oops! I didn't see them so I figure I will mail it. I need to contact Trillian. Though I can always donate it to another charity as well if she has plenty already.

Cable Scarf

It is FINALLY DONE!! Woohoo.

I just finished it up last night. I am pretty excited. I need to lay it out and block it. The ends are a bit funky and I am hoping the blocking will help with that.

However, it looks pretty good. I really hope Kyle likes it. *crosses fingers*

Yarn:

Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in Turkish Olive Brown

Pattern:

Blue Cabled Scarf

Needles:

Size 10 Knitpick 32" circ with Magic Loop Method

I don't think I will ever do this pattern again. Just took so long. But if I did, I would *definitely* add 2-4 rows of garter stitch at the top and bottom. I think given it has a garter stitch border, it would look good & resolve the issue with the cable pulling at the top and bottom edges of the scarf.

No comments: