Monday, September 17, 2007

Teddy Bear Completed

The teddy bear is complete.

It was in the UFO pile for a while. I can't recall when I finished knitting all 15 pieces of this. Then I stalled.

I had picked up the filling the same day I got the yarn. But when I read the pattern more closely, I found I needed cotton tape to attach the limbs. So it sat, unfinished, in a bag for a good long while.

Paul and I were out on Friday and stopped by a Walmart. I got the tape (though it was poly, not cotton, but all good). So I spent 6 hours, yes, you read that right, 6 hours putting the pieces together, stuffing it & finishing it off.

The pattern is from Reader's Digest's The Complete Knitting Set. It said it was a beginner pattern. Yet, they didn't actually tell you how to do some of the pieces. Just said reverse the other side. *shakes head* I don't think you would do that with a beginner pattern. Though the basic stitches and such really were beginner. So I think I successfully did all the pieces.

Though I don't think I will be making another one any time soon. Lots and lots of pieces to knit. The pieces were simple, but it seemed insane that they weren't able to shape the pieces so there was less pieces at the end. I guess that was to keep it as a beginner pattern, but in the end it was more work than it should have been.

I think I will try and find new eyes for him. I had the buttons in the house and used them. These buttons are really old. I recall they were from my mom's sewing supplies and she passed away in 1982. So they are at least 15 years old and probably older. Not like I need to use them for something else. I am just not sure if they look right for the bear.

The bear needs a name. Leaning towards Frank for Frankenteddy given how long he was in pieces. *grin*

Here are some pics -

Knitted Teddy Bear

Knitting Teddy Bear

Top View:
Teddy Bear - Top View

Head Shot:
Teddy Bear Close Up

Teddy Bear Gets a Close Up

Laying Down:
Teddy Bear Laying Down

No comments: