Friday, November 14, 2008

Quick Project Update

I really shouldn't be spending time with this. I have to finish up stuff for my work conference next week. But if I don't post this now, I won't get around to it at all.

Honestly, I don't think the pics are as true to color. I took them in a different area which has fluorescents. Definitely not taking more there. I didn't have a lot of time to tweak them.

Christmas Lace Kitchen Hand Towel Xmas Present

Christmas Lace Kitchen Hand Towel Xmas Present

Cast On:

November 9 2008

Completed:

November 11 2008

Pattern:

Christmas Lace Kitchen Hanging Hand Towel by Cathy Waldie

http://wishingiwasknitting.blogspot.com/2008/04/christmas-lace-kitchen-hanging-hand.html


Made for:

Sister-in-law Andrea

Needles:

US 7 / 4.5 mm Knitpicks Options

Yarn:

Lily Elite Cotton

~0.82 skeins = 150.9 yards (138.0m)

Dyed by me for sister-in-law

Purchased at Smiley's Yarns Sale in NJ

Yarn dyed by me to compliment Andrea’s kitchen.

I was worried I wouldn’t have enough yarn for entire project. But it worked out fine, even a bit to spare.

Size - 12" wide, 13" long on towel with additional 3" on loop.

I think it would be better if the strap were thicker. If I ever redo the pattern, I would go with at least 2-4 more stitches for the strap.

Purple Circular Scrubbie

Purple Circular Scrubbie

Cast On & Finished:

November 11, 2008

Pattern:

Circular Scrubby Pattern by Gwen Bortner

http://tankhouse.knitability.com/freepatterns/DishClothDuo.pdf

Made for:

Sister-in-law Kelly

Needles:

US 10 / 6.0 mm Knitpicks Options

Yarn:

Lily Elite Cotton

~ 0.08 skeins = 14.7 yards (13.5m)

Dyed by me for sister-in-law

Purchased at Smiley's Yarns Sale in NJ

Cast on 30 stitches & did 22 repeats to get a decent size. Original pattern makes one that is very small.

It puffs up a bit. I am not sure why exactly as I was careful when sewing the seams together. Might need to tweak the repeats more or something.

Yarn dyed by me as my SIL likes purple.

Reverse Diamond Towel Xmas Present

Reverse Diamond Towel Xmas Present - In Progress

Cast On:

November 11, 2008

Pattern:

Reverse Diamond Towel by Vaunda Rae Giberson

http://www.groupepp.com/dishbout/kpatterns/reversediamondtowel.html

Made for:

Sister-in-law Kelly

Needles:

US 7 / 4.5 mm Knitpicks Options

Yarn:

Lily Elite Cotton

~0.88 skeins = 161.9 yards (148.1m)

Dyed by me for sister-in-law

Purchased at Smiley's Yarns Sale in NJ

Making for my sister-in-law for Xmas. Not a bad project. Though it was weird. I had some trouble counting row 5 or 6. Messed it up a bunch of times. *shrugs* Just one of those weird moments. *chuckle*


No comments: