Monday, October 20, 2008

Rhinebeck!

I had an amazing time at Rhinebeck this year. For me, it was even better this year than last.

I think it helped that I knew more about what to expect. So I was able to pace myself accordingly. I hit the ground running and trying to make sure I get the things I want quickly before they disappear.

This year I brought as much cash as I had for my yarn allowance. This way I knew I would stay within my budget & not have to worry about overspending. I think that was a great move. It also made transactions much faster (except one that didn't have a $10 for change and had someone run to get one. *chuckle*) And much to my surprise, I didn't spend my entire yarn budget. Not saying I didn't spend a good deal, but I kept it within what I could afford. So I am happy about that.

Paul had a great time as he was able to go to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome's air show. Last year the air show stopped the weekend before Rhinebeck. But this year he was able to see it.

The good part about Paul heading off for part of it was that I was able to meet up with some people from the NYC Spinning group without worrying about boring him to tears. It was terrific finally getting to meet them. I need to get to a spinning meeting in the city sometime soon.

I was worried I would be completely overwhelmed with choices this year. Last year I thought I was allergic to all wool. Now I know I can wear superwash wool. Also, I can wear non-superwash as scarves and such. I just can't have it directly against my skin. I was also worried that since I started spinning, I would be overwhelmed by the amount of fiber and choices.

I confess since I know more about yarns, I have become more selective about what yarns I buy. I don't bother getting things I can by at home or online. So I didn't spend a lot of time looking over yarns this year. I spent more time fondling fiber. *sighs happily* I got some amazing fiber in lovely colors.

Though I did decide I wanted to get some sock yarn as well. So I picked up a couple beautiful handpainted skeins of that too.

I am going to write more tomorrow when I can post all the fiber pics. Today is my first day back to work after taking a week of vacation last week. So I should really cut this short for now. I have way too much to do today. *sigh*

Back to the grind!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see what kind of goodies you bought!