Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No, I Haven't Dropped Off the Face of the Earth

I really haven't dropped off the face of the earth. Nor have I stopped participating in the Tour de Fleece.

I have a work conference this week. That meant last week was prep for conference and this week is meetings pretty much all day. And then there is getting all the work done that I couldn't do because I was in meetings. *sigh*

I am frustrated as I won't meet one of my goals for the Tour de Fleece. That was to make it to a spinning meetup. Last week I had a doctor's appointment so I couldn't make it. I couldn't go yesterday either. I was actually supposed to see a friend (who needed to use my kitchen-long story). But instead I got stuck at the office anyhow. Ah well.

I have been getting some spinning done each day. I have done at least 15 minutes though more on some days. I even got some done this weekend while visiting friends. I took my drop spindle and silk hankies. I am actually getting better with the drop spindle as well! Woohoo!

I hope to take pics soon.

I am off to meetings all day. *sigh*

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I didn't join in the tour really but have been trying to spin a little everyday. I have failed miserably LOL. I can't wait to see what you have spun up though. I am so excited...my friend came over today and taught me how to spin woolen. It's a lot of fun and I feel like I had to unlearn everything I had already learned LOL. Argh...there is always so much more to learn about all these fiber crafts. I love it :)