Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Drop Stitch Scarf in Recycled Silk

I cast this on last Wednesday, the 10th.

Drop Stitch Scarf in Recycled Silk

The color on the pic isn't great. Hard to get the depth of color. I really shouldn't take pics with my camera on my phone. They always come out more grey and dark. I tweak them as much as I can, but it is still not really great.

Pattern:

Double Dropstitch Scarf Pattern

http://freshgroundknits.com/patterns/drop-stitch-scarf/

Yarn:

Recycled Silk Yarn

3 skeins - 150 grams (0.33 pounds)/approximately 85 yards per skein

https://shop.theliteracysite.com/store/item.do?itemId=25528&siteId=2001&sourceId=2001&sourceClass=StoreSearch&index=4

Needles:

Size 8 of the Knitpicks Options circs. Love those needles.


Have to say, the yarn is pretty rough and gets twisted pretty easily. I chose the pattern as it would mean large areas that I had to knit less with the yarn overs.

I cast on 48 stitches as I wanted a wider scarf. Though I think it may be too wide. I am nearly done with the first ball and it is only about 12-14" long. Whoops... *frown*

I don't think I will have enough for a full length scarf unless I get more yarn. I suppose I could make it as a table piece or something. I really don't know.

There are some people on Ravelry that are willing to sell their recycled silk yarn. I should check to see if any have it cheap enough that it would be worth grabbing. But the theliteracysite.com has increased the price to its normal price. And for $9 a skein, it is not worth buying it.

I started this as a project that I could give away for Xmas. I was thinking it would be good for my sister, Millie. I suspect it will go to her. Not sure if it will be this Xmas or not. Kinda depends on if I can get more yarn or what I suspect. It is an easy knit so I can't complain about that.

Oh, the totally bizarre thing about this yarn?!! It turns grey under the yellow lights in the tunnel on the way to Baltimore!! It was so bizarre. Paul was fascinated by that. *grin* I really find it bizarre that all the color vanished. Really weird.


More work to do. Still have a couple more things I mean to post about today. Hopefully, I will have some more time. But maybe it will wait til tomorrow.

No comments: